Choosing and buying healthy chickens
Join expert chicken consultant and educator Elise McNamara for this live online workshop, Choosing and buying healthy chickens.
This workshop is module 1 of Elise's signature online course and coaching program, A-Z Natural Chicken Care online course & coaching program. You can buy access to this workshop separately, or view full details of the course and coaching support here.
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone looking to get things right the first time (or next time!) when it comes to choosing a breed and sourcing and buying healthy birds.
When is it?
7:30 pm AEST, Thursday 14 July 2022.
A recording will be available for 7 days after the event if you can't make it live. The recording is a shorter version of the workshop. It's the same content without audience participation.
What will we cover?
- Qualities to consider when choosing a breed
- What breeds are actually out there?
- Pros and cons of buying younger pullets or older hens
- How to choose the right breed for you
- How to have the best experience if you want family-friendly birds
- Finding and connecting with reputable breeders
- Questions to ask a breeder before you buy
- Considerations if you want to buy rare or show quality birds
- Elise’s Top 8 (Australian) backyard chicken breeds
- Know what to look for when buying healthy pullets or hens
How long is the class?
The webinar will run for 50 minutes, including Q+A.
Send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org